Site updated 10/13/16
2009 - 2016 Men's Garden Club of Englewood, Englewood, FL
- Promoting An Active Interest In Gardens, Their Design And Management
- Cooperating In The Protection Of Wild Flowers, Native Plants And Wild Birds
- Promoting And Encouraging Civic Interest In Individual Or Private Gardens, Community Plantings And Parks.
- November 8, 2016 - Bob Mertens will speak on “Trees for the Suncoast” at 10:00am - Elsie Quirk Library
The second meeting of our 2016-2017 season will be held on Tuesday, November 8, 2016 at the Elsie Quirk Library starting at 10:00am. Bob Mertens will speak on “Trees for the Suncoast”. Bob is a Horticulture Program Specialist at the UF/IFAS Extension Sarasota County.
Please review our calendar page for the remainder of the speakers for our 2016-2017 season.
We hope that you all had an enjoyable summer and we look forward to seeing you at this meeting. Please check our web page for dates of the upcoming meetings and plant sales.
Our meetings are open to the public and membership is not required. When you attend our meetings you will get to meet our members and have the opportunity to ask them gardening questions related to Southwest Florida gardening.
- November 18 and 19, 2016 - Paul's Garden will be on the Lemon Bay Garden Club Tour
On November 18 and 19 our member's home, where we propagate our plants,
will be one of the beautiful Englewood gardens featured on the Lemon Bay
Garden Club's Annual Garden tour. Purchase a ticket and stop by to
visit his scenic and exotic garden. As an added bonus, anyone on the
tour may take the opportunity to stop and purchase plants that will be
available during the tour at the garden.
- Plant Propagation Work Sessions Are Ongoing
The plant propagation committee resumed the plant propagation work sessions for the coming year. We meet weekly on Tuesday mornings (except for the scheduled monthly club meetings). We meet at 8:30am at Paul's yard. If you need directions send an e-mail through the contact page. If you are interested in learning about plants and propagation in this area of Florida this is a fantatsic opportunity. Please feel free to joins us. Membership is not required.