Site updated 04/11/15
2009 - 2015 Men's Garden Club of Englewood, Englewood, FL
- Promoting An Active Interest In Gardens, Their Design And Management
- Cooperating In The Protection Of Wild Flowers, Native Plants And Wild Birds
- Promoting And Encouraging Civic Interest In Individual Or Private Gardens, Community Plantings And Parks.
- Pre-Summer Garden Plant Sale - June 6 from 9:00am to 1:00pm
The garden plant sale will be held at a member’s garden located at 1852 Whispering Pine Circle, Englewood. Go to the Calendar Page, or view the flyer, for more details. Plant sales are scheduled for the first Saturday of every other month through December, 2015.
- Marine Megafauna Research off Florida's Southwest Coast: From Dolphins to Rays - April 14, 2015 at 10:00am
The next meeting of the Men’s Garden Club of Englewood will be a presentation and discussion by Kim Bassos-Hull, Senior Biologist with Mote Marine Laboratory in Sarasota. Kim will speak about the interesting megafauna found in our coastal waters and some of the conservation issues they face. The meeting will be held on Tuesday, April 14 at 10:00am at the Elsie Quirk Library in Englewood. As part of her presentation, Kim will highlight program research on dolphins and rays as well as ways you can help.
Come join us and learn about some of the interesting megafauna found in our coastal waters. Click here for more information about Kim and the presentation.
Please feel free to joins us. Everyone is welcome and membership is not required. When you attend our meetings you will get to meet our members and have the opportunity to ask them gardening questions related to Southwest Florida gardening.
Please check our Calendar Page for more information on this meeting as well as other scheduled meetings and plant sales.
- Edible Landscaping Talk Slides Available
Our March, 2015 speaker, Robert Kluson, has graciously made his lecture slides available to our members. To view them click here. Please be patient - it is a BIG file and will take a little time to download.
- Plant Propagation Work Sessions Are Ongoing
The plant propagation committee resumed the plant propagation work sessions for the coming year. We meet weekly on Tuesday mornings (except for the scheduled monthly club meetings). We meet at 8:30am at Paul's yard. If you need directions send an e-mail through the contact page. If you are interested in learning about plants and propagation in this area of Florida please feel free to joins us. Membership is not required.