Site updated 05/18/17
2009 - 2017 Family Garden Club of Englewood, Englewood, FL
- Promoting An Active Interest In Gardens, Their Design And Management
- Cooperating In The Protection Of Wild Flowers, Native Plants And Wild Birds
- Promoting And Encouraging Civic Interest In Individual Or Private Gardens, Community Plantings And Parks.
- July 1, 2017, Summer Garden Plant Sale - Saturday, 9:00am to 1:00pm
The Family Garden Club will have a Spring Garden Plant Sale on Saturday, July 1 starting at 9:00am and going until 1:00pm. The garden plant sale will be held at a member’s garden located at 1852 Whispering Pine Circle, Englewood, FL 34223. This street is located off of Englewood Road (highway 776) just next to the Lemon Bay Plaza. Jim Chandler, our Master Gardener, reports that we have many different varieties, some of which are host plants for butterflies, including
Cassias and Milk weed that will be available. Caladium bulbs have been potted and will soon be in full color. Some bulbs, for do it yourself
planting, such as Amaryllis and Ginger are ready. You will also find Golden Hawaiian clumping Bamboo which makes an attractive focus. A few of the more unique plant varieties we will have for sale are Zig Zag, Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow and Cardboard plants. These are merely a few of the species that will be available at the May sale. Proceeds will be used for a LBHS scholarship.
- October 10, 2017, First Meeting of the 2017-2018 Series, at 10:00am at the Elsie Quirk Library
Information will be posted soon.
- Plant Propagation Work Sessions Are Ongoing
The plant propagation committee resumed the plant propagation work sessions for the coming year. We meet weekly on Tuesday mornings (except for the scheduled monthly club meetings). We meet at 8:30am at Paul's yard. If you need directions send an e-mail through the contact page. If you are interested in learning about plants and propagation in this area of Florida this is a fantatsic opportunity. Please feel free to joins us. Membership is not required.