Site updated 01/09/17
2009 - 2017 Men's Garden Club of Englewood, Englewood, FL
- Promoting An Active Interest In Gardens, Their Design And Management
- Cooperating In The Protection Of Wild Flowers, Native Plants And Wild Birds
- Promoting And Encouraging Civic Interest In Individual Or Private Gardens, Community Plantings And Parks.
- January 10, 2017 - Annual Luncheon Meeting at the Boca Royale Golf and Country Club - Tom Becker will speak on "Bromeliads and Zika"
The annual luncheon meeting will be held on Tuesday, January 10, 2017 at Bocal Royale Golf and Country Club starting at 11:30am. The speaker for the luncheon will be Tom Becker. Tom will talk on Bromeliads and Zika. THIS WILL BE AN RSVP MEETING. Details and the signup form may be found on our web site. (Click here)
- February 14, 2017 - Field Trip to Florida Native Plant Nursery, Crowley Nursery and lunch Cedar Reef Fish Camp in Venice.
On Tuesday, February 14 we have a field trip planned. We will visit Florida Native Plant Nursery, Crowley Nursery and then lunch at Cedar Reef Fish Camp in Venice. We will car pool from Lemon Bay Plaza (Big Lots), 1809 Englewood Rd. (Route 776) Englewood, FL 34223. We will depart sharply at 9:30am for our first stop - Florida Native Plant Nursery. We plan to arrive at Florida Native Plant Nursery by 10:15am for a private tour with Laurel Schiller. After the tour we will depart for Crowley Nursery for an 11:45am visit. After we spend time at Crowley's we will depart for lunch at Cedar Reef Fish Camp , 4167 South Tamiami Trail, Venice, FL (in the plaza at Tamiami Trail & Jacaranda Blvd). We have a 1:30pm reservation for lunch. We will return to Lemon Bay Plaza after lunch. Need Google Maps round trip driving instructions? Select the links for the destination locations and for round trip driving instructions.
- Plant Propagation Work Sessions Are Ongoing
The plant propagation committee resumed the plant propagation work sessions for the coming year. We meet weekly on Tuesday mornings (except for the scheduled monthly club meetings). We meet at 8:30am at Paul's yard. If you need directions send an e-mail through the contact page. If you are interested in learning about plants and propagation in this area of Florida this is a fantatsic opportunity. Please feel free to joins us. Membership is not required.